Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Power of Passion

I am always amazed when I come across people who live their lives simply serving the Lord Jesus in places where I wouldn’t go, where I wouldn’t be called to go. Larry, Paul, and Lisa Craig are three of these people. They live in a small desert town halfway between Los Angeles and Las Vegas, a small town that will never be the same because the Craigs’ passion for Christ has led them to spend their lives there.

Since 1966 Larry and Lisa (and, more recently, their son, Paul) have been doing whatever God calls them to do in Newberry Springs. Whether running kids’ camps, building a camp, or pastoring a church, they have worked hard to be what God has called them to be, right where He has called them to be.

What impressed me most was Larry’s response to the ideas I presented about readjusting our mission to accomplish what God has called us to do in this time and in this place. After we discussed using electronics -- things that are not a part of his world -- to recruit more missionaries for AMF, Larry simply looked me in the eye and said, “You go there, and I’ll go there with you.”

Larry understands that God calls us to a new way of doing ministry, and he is willing to follow that call. I truly appreciate that kind of trust, that kind of obedience, and the way God has always used people like the Craigs to be Jesus in very specific places, even in the desert of California.


http://www.americanmissionary.org/




The Craigs' desert mission field -- about 30,000 people live within a 30-mile radius of their home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! A moderator will review them, and all appropriate comments will appear here upon approval.